Wednesday 6 July 2011

A Heartfelt Letter

...To RTE.


To Whom It May Concern,


In September of this year I am due to attend an international school in Hong Kong for the duration of what would be my Leaving Cert. Students are encouraged to bring items which represent their native country. For example, a Welsh student brought a Gavin & Stacey box set. Last Monday night, as I watched the Savage Eye, it occurred to me that such a programme would be an ideal portrayal of Éire.


However, I then happened across two major problems with my plan. The first being that whereas my original plan had been to catch up on weekly episodes on RTE player, I remembered that RTE player is not available in countries other than Ireland agus chuir sé isteach go mór orm.


My second problem occurred when I decided to instead look for a box set of the Savage Eye, and to my utter disappointment found that such a thing did not exist. I think this is a great shame as the series has not received the publicity it deserves and is certainly one of my and many of my friends' favourite Irish comedies.


I, as an endorser of this, and of other RTE programmes, am looking forward to seeing if you can help me with my predicament.


Yours faithfully,
Hannah Read



No comments:

Post a Comment