Sunday 29 January 2012

Sweet 17 and never been gagged bound and dragged to a beach

This blog shall prolly be a little all over the gaff, seeing as we had a whole week full of BANT for Chinese New Year. I'll try my best though. So the last one ended with me heading off to central on Saturday night, to go see Dan Deacon. That never actually materialised, however I did end up having an absolutely megapants night with Tomi, Lee, Andres, Arshia, Clara, Mia and Leila on the YMCA roof in Tsim Sha Tsui. We ate samosas from Chung King and sang very loudly whilst gazing round at the uber views. Tar éis é sin we went to Lan Kwai before heading back to school on the MTR.







Sunday was spent pretty lazily, I went shopping with Áine for cheese and crackers to watch with a movie, but this took FOREVER because of the apocolyptical queues, not unlike those to be found in Supervalu Loughboy on Christmas Eve, when tins of quality street are rarer than a happy person in Athy. After overcoming the hoardes of last minute shoppers, and armed with mozzarella, brie, carr's table water crackers, mini wheetabix etc. we headed back to campus before I went to Sai Kung with the co-years from UWC South East Asia (Singapore). We got paisano's pizza nomnomnom and ate it on the pier. I left to  to watch The Tree Of Life with Áine, which I found pretty dismal, and nawnee quite enjoyed. Nevertheless, it was about 4 hours long and we both fell asleep sporadically before even the laptop decided to give up with it. I think it was the 30 minutes of constellations and prancing dinosaurs to a background of epic Star Wars-esque music that got to me.






Monday I really can't think of what I did. The prospective campers had a meeting at 11, and everyone wussed out save for myself and Lee so that was called off. I moped a bit, did a whole lot of nothing (as far as I can remember) before heading to Rosie's Godmother's apartment with a few peeps for good food and movies (Being John Malkovich INSANELY AMAZING). We tried to get stuff in Park N Shop to make an epic cake for Mia but that didn't quite work out unforch. We wrote her a song instead on the bus which was pretty funny. A little while after we got there James and I decided to hunt down some Mickey D's and went on a 2/3 hour excursion in a deserted central, trolling playgrounds and navigating dodgy back alleys.






Tuesday morning I came back to school le gach duine. Rosie cut me hair, I messed up my bedroom a little more and then at 6:30 I went with Queeny, Oda and Amanda to go see the fireworks in Kowloon. We found a nice spot in TST then got samosas from Chungking Mansions, ate them at the star ferry pier and headed across to Hong Kong island, where the others left for Lan Kwai and I walked up to Rosie's again for some deece food with herself and Laura. We got back to campus in a taxi after thinking we were going to be late and the MTR shutting down etc etc. We then chopped off aaall of Laura's beaut long hair, temporarily turned her into Rod Stewart but remedied that so fear not, before I went off to bed.




Wednesday I stole clothes from Laura, waited for the good shower, watched the Swedish version of The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo (it comes in handy knowing what the Swedish word for rapist is), stole Jkwok's CDs and put them on me iTunes, went to a partaaaay in Precious & Oda's room where I stole aaalll the food and then headed out to Rosie's agaaaiin, for din dins and getting ready to test out what Wanchai had to offer. Hailey, Rosie, Laura and I looked like a weird set of hipster Barbies.


On Thursday morning after most people had left, we (Rosie, Laura and I) pootled around a bit and watched some of Inception. At 3 I left to go to to meet Áinee in Park N Shop at Ma On Shan. We gots a helluva lot of ingredients for these babies, before letting the student kitchen violate our plans. We struggled on though and churned out some successes, before les Canadians came and made hot pot with us. Nomnom spicy leaves. In fairness twas pretty good. I then went back out to Lan Kwai with the vast majority of campus, came back to Rosie's with the vast majority of Lan Kwai and had an impressive brit spoon in the double bed. There were 5 of us all squished in, including an incredibly cold Laura, an irritable Olivia, a roasting Paloma, a violated (thanks to Laura) Bellamy, and a sleep deprived me. It was obviously very successful.


I woke up on Friday, spread-eagled on the bed, now minus Paloma and Bell. Most people left around 11 but I hung around again, for the chance of some more free wholesome food. Rosie scrambled 10 eggs and lost 6 of them from the pan and all over the side. Lawwa and I had to clean up. Yay. We then proceeded to lose the $5000 siamese cat of Rosie's godmother and freaked out for a very long time. By the time I found the nasty yoke behind a mirror, looking at me like "U mad bro?", Rosie was already on her hands and knees looking under cars in her pajamas outside, and Laura was checking in pans and cupboards. I got muchos first year points for finding Oscar. We headed back to school, and I worked on my physics lab. Which was overdue. Muchos happy birthday to me. At 3.15 (precisely) I had a shower in the good shower, when in comes Rosie incredibly inauspiciously asked me to go to MoS with her and Laura to get bubble tea. I accepted on the basis that Matthew would help me with my physics lab. So on the back way to MoS I was brutally attacked, gagged and bound with my own scarf in front of a poor old chinese couple who gazed on in horror as I played victim. They dragged me to the beach, and, joined by other..."friends" I, still gagged and bound, was further attacked until they released me and proceeded to force 17 shots of Guinness into me. It was tough but I had to persevere when Andres questioned my manhood. After all that kerfuffle I went back to school, claimed my first birthday parcel (!) from the office (funny t-shirts and Dumb & Dumber) did s'more physics then finished the hotpot in the block 4 dayroom with Áine & Bobby. Áine modeled her grad dress for Bobby and I and now we're going to burn in hell. It was constructive criticism dangnabbit. Heels >> slipper socks. Besides, I've always admired Maggie Smith as an actress. A while later James, Rahael, Apopo, Quentin and Bellamy picked me up and we explored campus with a few packs of pringles before getting in a heated debate about Obama. After that I had a roof chat with Apoorva and Rahael before having a sleepover in Rahael's room.






I woke up in time for lion dance on Saturday, pure legged it down like, and guess what? Nada. Well, loike 3 people. Muchos grrpants. I worked on my geo presentation with Mia in le block 3 dayroom. Went for a walk in Starfish Bay with James, Lee & Tomi. Cut my foot errywhere. Got AIDS from sewage water. Skimmed stones. Found a kite. And a tractor inner tube. Tomi contracted some strange disease which turned his foot scummy and black. After trekking back to campus we went our seperate ways. I did my physics lab to a chorus of CCE mishaps then later on I threw juggling balls at James in Lee's room, sat on Bellamy's magic sofa for about 7 blissful years, then had the biggest fashion faux pas of me life in Laura's room before going out for dinner in TST with Mia, Dilene and Heather. We found this Mongolian bbq place then discovered it was HK$200 each so we went for a scabby chinese which was just as delish, although my tongue's still pretty burnt. When I got back I watched the tail end of The Help with Hetty, Carol, James and Lee. Then there was supposed to be a beach affair, I however may have walked a few metres ahead, stayed on a deserted beach for an eternity, lit my own fire, hid in a bush to jump out and scare people before they arrived, ate my ice-cream alone and devoured my entire pack of chewing gum before realising that no one was ever going to come to the beach and walking back in the dark with creepy taxis stopping me every 5 metres. To make up for my supreme loner status I joined the (constant) party in Dilene's room and had a country music session with herself, roomies and extended roomies. Thankfully, we replaced the country music ("I love rain, rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby really frisky oh raiiiiin is a good thiiiiiing etc etc") with Avril Lavigne, R Kelly and the likes. Once Hetty had conked out, book in hand, I migrated to Laura & Sarah's room next door where we told jokes until loike 3am. (Favourites? What do you call a russian with 3 testicles? Who'd-ya-knick-a-bollock-off?)






So I wake up in Laura's bed and a disheveled and terrified Rosie walks in, shellshocked after being woken up in the block 1 dayroom from sleepwalking. I took my time getting up, stole Laura's pjs, went to brunch, did mooooore of my physics lab, went to a lion dance performance in Yiu On which was well impressive, got banana flavoured bubble tea, almost went to Mong Kok, didn't go to Mong Kok, got some food in Circle K, grabbed dinner, went to today's Voice talk (MY GOD VINCENT WANG'S HEAD IS UNREAL) and sent. off. my. physics. lab. Good lord took me long enough. Then I had a café meeting, the next café is on the 18th, so after Valentine's day and the theme is forever alone. Formulating costume ideas already, ngl. So after my Sunday night skypage with the rentals (consisted of "Hello daughter mine, LOL jk gotta go watch tennis match") here is this week's blog in it's entirety. Back to school tomorrow wahey. GUNG HEI FAT CHOY to y'all and happy year of the dragon!

No comments:

Post a Comment