Sunday 5 February 2012

The Lions Of Baskerville

      Monday was just your average Monday purdy much. Wasn't too hard to get out of bed as far as I can remember? After lunch I went looking for a parcel in t'office, which hadn't yet materialised. Then there was an  EE (extended essay) talk on in the geo room which I went to. Thinking of doing my bundle of joy on disparities between gaeilgeoirí and the rest of us plebs. Whether language affects development. Summat to that extent. Following that, I went to the academics office to finally change from chemistry to french b. This plan failed dramatically and I spent the next half hour or so in hysterics. Sure c'est la vie I suppose (oh the irony). Then we had coral monitoring service planning for a little while, got my gear sorted out, th'absolute energy required to squidge into a wetsuit ain't even funny. Mia and I went for self-pity buns in Ma On Shan, but we barely made it that far and just got cha siu fan in le Wu Kai Sha instead. I had photography from 7.30 - 9, felt fairly bad cause I didn't upload a photo because me camera had been outta battery for the most part during CNY. As always there were some pretty impressive ones. After check in was a Chinese Cultural Evening run through, so us lion dancers had to go along from 9.




      Tuesday I had a fairly tiresome full block. Sent 6 postcards after school, and got Mickey Ds with James. Watched The Guard with James & Lee, which went down well enough. James got his fix of Don Cheadle, and I translated. I've been getting a quare bad irish accent off him all week since. Had another CCE run through and probably a lot of lion dance practice, after which I hung out in the Block 1 computer room with Rosie, Laura, Andres and assorted pizza until fairly late.


      Wednesday was IFPCOP (Initiative For Peace Change Of Pace) day. It started at 9 so naturally I chose sleep over brekkie. There were games whereby we basically just had to sabotage the other team in order to save yourself, a guest speaker on genocide, ubes interesting presentations on conflicts (I went to the Colombian one and the Yemeni one), as well as Alisher semi-accidentally continuously spraying vwang in the face with bleach. I say semi-accidentally cause he thought it was water. After school were more EE presentations which I didn't bother going to. Had roughly a million hours of lion dance. Watched the last episode of Sherlock, and read too much damn you auto correct than is necessary, and left me sniggering helplessly.


      Thursday I had another morning free so naturellement it was sleep>brekkie. Bought lion dance shoes in Ma On Shan with Dilene, finished my ep of sherlock, ate a lot of peachy chewing gum, had an aeon more lion dance, went to art for non artists and wrote positive messages for all those poor dying secondies. There was another run through for CCE and I spent ages and ages trying to extract the 2nd sherlock ep (The Hounds Of Baskerville one) from the supposedly "blank" dvd.


      Friday was graaaand, had a mid-day free in which Dilaynay somehow ended up making us listen to country music and Paolina got dodgy videos, had lion dance straight after school, followed by a nommyful lunch (for once) in the canteen. Chilled in my room with me itunes, FINALLY got the Sherlock episode off the DVD, then had lion dance from 7 - 12:30. Twas unreal. Got pretty sick and lost me voice towards the end but still had a good Friday night with James, Lee, Apopo and Rahael. 


      Saturday morning I woke up surprisingly early, and went to Arnett's UWC values day seminar discussion blue sky thing. We all split into groups and discussed how we can make UWCLPC more in line with the UWC values. I were in a group with Nawnee, Maddie, teachers Beta & Sandy, a parent and two alumni, one Korean/German and another Venezuelan/German, both teachers in HK. We were the environment group adn had a pretty productive session. After that I had a good bit of lion dance whereby we changed the whole layout of the routine the day of the show. Clever clever. When lion dance was over I chillaxed like god knows what for as long as possible. CCE dinner was at 6 so I got ready with Rahael & Celine. While most went for azzuluthely gawjuzz qipaos, we decided to buck the trend and go as accidental chinese hipsters. It was a little worrying to find that most of the inspiration came from my regular clothes. Hmm. After an 8 course dinner, served by our very own Ella Chan, I set up camp on the 1st floor of the courtyard ready for the show. Twas a grand affair and any slight mishap (dragon decapitation for example) was dealt with jolly tremendously innit. After fan dance was my moment to shine (perhaps sparkle is more appropriate) along with all 10 other first year lions. You've heard me bang on about this for long enough, tis about time y'all saw a video or at least some evidence that I actually did something. After CCE was over there were too many photos so I ran for the hills/confines of my bedroom. I played Tetris like a poorly loser ought to until Lee and Tomi came round and got me off me arse. We recruited Rahael too, and Rahael and I took advantage of the free food and drinks in the canteen party before having our own little party just the 4 of us which was fair noice too. We went back into the canteen party at 12 but I walked in, saw my 12 year old self and went back to play Tetris. Read some of my Brian Cox book and had a luffly sleep with the leccy blanky up high. 
AALLL the lion dancers!
I'm the butt of the silver one closest...
      Sunday I woke up all leisurely like, took a shower, studied geography with Mia & Leila in block 3 before heading to Mong Kok with Mia where she went off for lunch with her dad in TST and I got me mammy her birthday present. Took some photos for photography tomorrow, just missed out on an epic shot of a sheepish boy peeing into a bin. I came back, practiced me bass, ate a mars bar and did me laundry. Might be playing scrabble with the brits later and I've also got judo at 7.30. Should also really tidy my room...

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
    Rawlings S100P Pro Batting Helmet

    ReplyDelete