Tuesday 9 April 2013

Spirit of Dragon (and Feargal Sharkey)

In the beginning of time there was a man who did not beget nor was begotten. He lived at one with nature and was in command of all of the four great elements. His strength was second to none, his voice silenced all. He could run through forests without snapping a single twig, hear the beats of insects wings from kilometres away and tell the time to the nearest minute by glancing at the sun. A man of great wisdom, great humility; his leadership was not only respected, but revered. In these thousands of years he never aged, and at some point in late 2012 he became the great leader of the LPC dragon boat team. His name (but a label on such a great entity) is Hong. 

Without making this too much of a Quan Cai reflection (though that's not to say that I won't just copy paste this whole thing to Managebac) I may just spam part of this blog with appreciation for this thing. It's a form of stress relief for some, physical exertion for others but I recks I just get a kick out of being in a grey and stormy Tolo Harbour on a Tuesday afternoon murmering the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack in my head (dundundundun dundundundun dundun dundudn dundundun). Tis probs the one thing I will genuinely miss next year (plastic plates can go die) and with only 2 sessions left I'm already feeling the pangs. Hong shook my hand today it was tha bestest. ps this is us paddling lol pps we have a competition plz come 2 repulse bay on sunday kthnxbai. 



On another note, this week (following a harsh telling off by Morgan for whining too much and plenty of exposure to her whining about people whining) I am making the most of my clothes swap returns (namely gwen stefani crop top, inoffensive jumper and lime green bag of death) for solely my own enjoyment. Today I rather enjoyed channeling my inner 1970s Belfast punk look (think stabbing my ear and a dusty khaki parka with safety pins at 7am) after Morgan and myself became unintentionally enamoured with the trailer for Good Vibrations. Now at a critical stage of emotional attachment, Stiff Little Fingers have become the epitome of all things great and cultured. The hunt for a place to illegally download the film continues.


gwen stefani c. 2002 crop topsucking in so hard y'all cant comprehend



No comments:

Post a Comment