Sunday 19 February 2012

Swimming in a Cess Pit

On Sunday night, shortly after uploading last week’s bloggage, I skyped les rentals and ended up having a 1 hour skype war avec meine Schwester. She must have thought she’d won, or at least not lost after she deleted the gorgeous photo I took of her off her Facebook page, but the world is cruel and thus it is replicated here. Our skype war also gave birth to skypeception which was purdy cool.
Monday morning I had a morning free and was planning to get up nice and early and shower and get dressed nicely but this plan failed miserably when, after turning off my alarm at 7, I woke up at 8.23. Ah well. In geography Mia and I were surprised to find we had to do our presentation but thankfully we were pretty much done. It was on sanitation so we called it “A Shit Assignment” hardeharhar. Monday after school I then had service planning whereby we just talked about what we needed to bring on project week and I was the butt of many suncream jokes. Have decided that I won’t take any chances. Factor 90 like a ginger in a sunbed.  My diet was going super well so I didn’t habe much for dinner, then I had photography, and my submission was so super horrendous I’d rather not show it here.  After check in at 9 I worked on my math IA, until about midnight, when I headed off to bed despite Michelle Kwong’s warnings that I wouldn’t be able to sleep knowing that it was due for Friday. Surprisingly enough, I slept like a baby.

On Tuesday I got a parcel off me Daddy which was just the best, choccy was devoured in seconds which kind of destroyed the diet I had going. And I was doing so well on a diet of raisins and chewing gum and all! Tuesday after school I worked me arse off after school on the math IA until about 5, and I also studied physics like ya wouldn’t believe. At 6 I was collected with Aine by Sarah, and went to Sarah’s house for dinner. Having gone to boarding school herself in da norf she understood our needs perfectly, so by the second ah GO ON YOU’LL HAVE A CUP OF TEA we were all hers. The food was absolutely nommyful, one of the best shepherd’s pies ever and get this, a pavlova. Beaut. We had th’absolute craic so we did, before being dropped off just in time for check in. After check in there was a singles party, but I didn’t stick around for too long mar bhí physics test agus math IA le deánta agam!


Wednesday I had the physics test itself, and whilst I totes ballsed up one question, the second I got out I knew the answer. Now most would take this badly, but in reality, at least I know that I know it now, for future reference. Not to say that I didn’t initially beat myself up a little though. Wednesday was tutor dinner day so I when I got out of Chinese early due to my supreme translation skillz I went shopping for ingredients for me choccy surprise pudding, then headed over to Wendy’s  at around 4.15 ish. Dinner was gorgeous, it was only served up about 7, but José had done a loaves and fishes type jobby on his Spanish omelettes and had managed to produce 3000, we had cha siu noodles, dumplings & buns from Ella and Ronald, pitta bread from Bernie, falafel from Shani and hummus from Wendy. Me choccy pud was, I daresay, a success, may write the recipe down. After tutor dinner I worked some more on my math IA, just correcting things here and there before a luffly shleep.

Thursday I had set aside to do my maths IA, and get that completely done, but somehow I had it done by 3.30, so then, with the rest of the evening free I went to Art For Non Artists and made some posters, then tidied my room, read my “hipster” book (so called because as I explained it to Olivia the adjectives got more and more obscure “Well, it’s about midwifery…in the 1950s…in East End Laaaandaaaan”), and just had a very blissful evening for the most part.


On Friday, I had a free morning block so I showered and the likes before theory of knowledge, then another free block when I filled out my extended essay form to get signed by Julie and PRINTED OUT MY MATH IA AND HANDED IT INTO THE MATH OFFICE WHOOOOOOOOO. Super exciting stuff.I felt like my life was finally fulfilled. After legging it out of Geography, I ran up to the office to claim my parcel but uber unforchy it was closed. After lunch I ran back up and got me present from le Sophster. I finished my midwifery book to a packet of the jaffer cakes Sophster had got me, in accordance with my no food until project week mentality naturally. I went to the couple of plays that were on, Katja’s one and Bita’s one, which was like an interpretive dance. After my exposure to an hour and a half of interpretive dance representing catholic iconography during Kilkenny Arts Week last summer I was a little sceptical (to quote Neasa’s granny “All I know about that performance was that there were two willies, and one was pirced!”) however, this was loike PHWOAR. The kind of PHWOAR that makes you regret giving up ballet, and makes you swear to be cultured and go to the ballet next time it comes round. Later that night was bob (beach night innit). Apoorva and Dorte were contentedly sitting around some candles FOR SHAME, so I utilised all my scouting skills and after a while produced a purdy nice fire, sans firelighters thank you very much. Twas a real nice atmosphere and afterwards I just went back to bed instead of staying up too late.

On Saturday morning I accompanied James to the post office before getting dim sum with all the lion dancers just down the road. There was a slightly unsettling chicken head on a plate moment, but other than that twas delish. Tar éis é sin, I were practicing with da boiiiis in da band which was pretty fun. There was a lip dub recording for an episode of UWCTV which was filmed in block 2, I wore my purple onesie as was expected of me.  Then I put the finishing touches to me café costume for later that evening before jazz band practice wiv da ovver boiiiishk. After this I was too worried to go to dinner so I just fretted over my other performance (I’m some café ho, ngl), which Lee had put me up to. At 7 I went to help set up the canteen for café. Twas a good ‘un, with in the region of 15 acts methinks! The first performance (of my hundreds) for me was Franz Ferdinand’s Take Me Out, which, aside from the fact that my E string was so out of tune I had to transpose everything up a few frets on the spot, went pretty well.  After Lee & Andres’ rendition of Flight Of The Conchords (and my was I a Brettrosexual Jemaniac  back in the day) I did me stand up. Basically just hating on studies people cause I’m jealous and discussing shower ettiquite because there’s a whole hape of untouched material there. Le Jazzband, or The Absolutes as I believe we are called, performed Poco Loco and dare I say it was one of the best versions we’d done of it. After café was a weird-y shadow show yokey which was pretty cool but verging on playback. The phrase “not quite my scene” comes to mind, although I can live alongside playback types so worry not. I left after a little while with Trevor, Bellamy & James and we migrated round the boys floor of block three until there was meself, Halfdan, Alan, Paula, Mia & Bell in Bell’s corner. Bell and I were watching Blackadder on t’youtube and then started talking about Monty Python. Mia thought it was some kind of snake. I left at about 3 when twas just mise Bell & Alan left, talking about sailing the world and the likes.


This morning I woke up at 9, got up at 10, had a shower and tried to find Áine. When I did, we went on a run. Note to self, never again go running. Dunno how far it was but it took us about 45 minutes along the Sai Kung road. Got back, drank copious amounts of water, had a cold shower and went swimming in Starfish Bay le Lee. Tis an old wives tale that it’s a cess pit, although perhaps Lee and I are the only people gross enough to risk it. Nevertheless I really enjoyed it. After that I had an interview about mandarin ab which was prettyy intense, although I got ferero rochers so it kinda made it worth it. I then helped to make Mexican dinner, before Arshia’s voice on movie opening credits which was pretty interesting. Tar éis é sin we had le dinner by the pool, candles and all like.


No comments:

Post a Comment