Sunday 26 February 2012

Dip Dab Dependant

In referral to Monday morning, I think the verb "woke" up is entirely inappropriate. In fact, it would be far more realistic to say that I "died" up. I crawled to the nurse to get sick leave, where she covered me in the magical medicine that cures colds, flus, headaches, stomach aches, conjunctivitis,...PANADOL. Although to be fair, I got 4 other kinds of tablets too. I spent the day in bed watching Skins series 3 ar mo laptop and generally feeling miserable. I still had to go to a group 4 science meeting & service planning though GOOD GOD MALAYSIA IN ONE WEEK, where we sorted out the dive gear dans le freezing cold. 
                          
On Tuesday I dragged myself to school, cause ya wouldn't believe how much you miss out on in just a day. After school les brits had a get together for pancake day. Palomo made welsh cakes, Leiler made hot cross buns and then we obvs had cakes of the pan variety too. Even Arnett (principal innit) popped in to rob his fair share. We then came up with Lenten challenges as opposed to giving something up. Mine is to write an existential haiku every day, starting from Monday.                                                                                                                                                                              
                                                    
Wednesday I had a free morning block nomnomnom sleep. After school I went to a SOAS university meeting, most awks thing ever, only 3 people showed up. I took a prospectus and legged it to tutoring at Sara's, to read with Erin. We read 44 pages of The Diary of a Wimpy Kid before going out for dinner. I got nasi goreng ohmaiiigodz heaven. I got back to school late but luckily had phoned Jesus (that's hayzoose to you) who answered my knock in his door at 9.15 with an approving nod. 


Thursday was alroish, ToK was miserable, but on the super super upside I got two parcels AND a postcard from Elaine, Trakey & Becky respectively. I ate the majority of the DipDabs in Tracie's parcel within the hour. Tar éis an scoile I played too much Tetris then went to the GIF on democracy which was zehr interessant. All about how it's rubbish. After check in I had Jámes, Mia, Heather and Dilaynay over for crisps and chinese checkers. Twas chill loike. After Dilene and James had left, I spent the rest of th'evening in the uber mist with Mia, Heather & Celine - and the last of the DipDabs.       
                                       
                               
Friday morning was group 4 science project (a science project? no...it's called...ROCK BAND). But aye, ours was to test the dryer cycles on the tumble driers in the laundry room, see which was most efficient loike. Took us a billion and a half hours but sure. After that I went to Sha Tin to gets me a mega cardi in H & M. Went to Zara too, they had this uhmazing blazer yoke but twas so ridonculously expensive. When I got back, I had jazz band rehearsal, we're doing Respect by Aretha (you've heard of Aretha Franklin right? She's a big lady. But when she sings, she blows people's minds! Everyone wants to party with Aretha!). Considering it was only our first rehearsal le chéile it was jam hot. Friday night I had absolutely nowt to do so I drifted from Wellcome to Bell's room with Precious (and a litre of chocolate ice-cream) to the block 3 dayroom, to Dilene's (empty) room, to Laura's room, to Felix's room then back to mine.       
                                                  
On Saturday morning I got up at 8, showered, breakfasted, then went to the Geo room in anticipation of our field trip, aaaaalll the way to Sai Kung. We got the bus there, split up and counted people and dogs, surveyed areas (so many unidentifiable ground floor businesses - "okay, so this could be recreational, residential, cheap restaurant, covenience store and mechanic?"), then painfully surveyed people in ParknShop ("Hi, do you mind if we ask you a couple of questions?" "Yes, I do mind"). Ate Paisano's pizza and one of these new fangled caramel oreo mcflurry things then got the bus back. Got back at 2:30, went to my interview to become a peer supporter which went pretty well I reckon, before walking to block 4 to find Heather, Apopo, Darren & Ilham. Heather needed hair for her art project, so Apopo cut mine. I then found myself becoming an integral part of Heather's art project which involved me in a makeshift bald cap (painted swim hat), standing knee deep in other people's hair and looking "expressionless but as if the viewer was intruding". If it's not too disturbing I might upload the finished photo when it's done. When that...experience...was complete, I went back to my room, waited for dindins, then got me dindins before heading out shopping with Dilene, Ilham, Fabi, Laura & Beata. We went to Forever 21 in search of bikins then I accompanied them to Lan Kwai, before turning back and heading home on the bus with Dilene. We got the front top seat, tis a mega luxury to get the bus instead of the MTR I reckon. When we got back, we had the regular bant in Dilene's room, with microwave brownies, popcorn, Britney Spears, hair dye and the extended roomie crew.                                            
                                                 
Woke up this morning @ 9, had me a shower in the good shower, got into me brand new leggingks and me dodge purple adidas jumpah, had Mia come round and try go get me to go gymming, fervently refused, and wrote this instead (to Jack White's new song ON REPEATSICLES). Later on I finks the plan is to go to Sai Kung with some peepsicles and WORK all day, but I don't reckons any of them is up yet. Bis nächste Woche bitchizz.



No comments:

Post a Comment