Monday 26 March 2012

Fruit Ninja Like a Looza

This week, something crazy will happen. Imma start with TUESDAY! Blew some minds right there, I know. Soooo tuesday began with chemistry which was the most delightful freeeeeeeeeee the world has ever known. A NO CHEMISTRY E-MAIL. Oh sweet morning delight. I then had geo, physics, yingrish and chiiiinese. I lost my legs to the hoardes of mozzies that are coming to take over then had a few LACE (Latin American Cultural Evening) rehearsals until check in, after which I grabbed Paloma's teddy bear, legged it to the block 1 day room and somehow managed to get Minh into the dayroom by pretending we were having a brit meeting. I stabbed him with the teddy bear and got his challenge. (This is for Assassin btw, check out previous blog).

Ar an ceadaoin, I had another free morning block, then classhes and that, and then I missed an Amnesty afternoon for me job interview with this insane chinese wan. Conversation follows.

Me: "Hi Cherry!"
Cherry: "THIIIIS IS MY SON HE VERY VERY VERY NAUGHTY BOY NAUGHTY BOY SO YOU TEACH YINGRISH YEEEEES SO THAT I SEND HIM FAR AWAY TO YINGRAAAAND TO EXPENSIVE BOARDING SCHOOL BUT YOU COME VERY VERY VERY EARLY ON SUNDAY AND TEAAACH HIM YEEEEEES?"
Me: "Aiiiight"

She's a very nice woman. I start with her daughter on Tuesday. Tar éis é sin I came back onta campooos, then got the bus to Sara's house for 4:30, read with Erin for a while, then was a savage for bacon and cabbage and awkwardly watched Outnumbered and Ashes to Ashes whilst my surrogate irish mammy discussed interior design with what I assume were interior designers. I got back before check in, then had LACE rehearsals - cajj dancing reggaeton with Anders (ECE represent). 

On Thursday I had English morning block - the mysteriously glorified third year Kumar gave us a presentation on media institutions. How Linda convinced him to get up for 7.30 I will never understand. Fair play to her. After school I did a whole load of sitting on my bed stalking Nicki Minaj because Ella made me listen to her in physics before art for non artists when we did tie dye (yeah buddy!). Howevs the dye was food colouring so I'm pretty wary of washing me now pink Arctic Monkeys t-shirt and vaguely blue dress. It also means that me arse was blue from walking around in the dress. Oh well. Looks cool. I went out with Apoopoo, Heather, Hailey & Rosie for a while to get a cream soda (cuz that shizzle is delish). I got back for the GIF then skidoodled back to my room before check in. On Thursday night I went up on the roof with RaRa which were nice too. Understated place 2kaiii 10+2.

Friday went splendidly, had very few classes, as ya do, hung out in the newly refurbished common room (dem sofas be cracking), played Fruit Ninja like a looza (zomgodzzz it rhymes), then went to Ma On Shan on the MTR, raided Park N Shop and had a pensive to the point of pretentious seaside walk back, cause it's really not worth the MTR fare back for those of us who STILL haven't collected their Octopus cards. I had a couple of LACE rehearsals upon my return to campus, then waited up so unreal late (okay loike 12) for Áine, who never materialised.

On Saturday I got up for lion dance, could hardly move me legs during it and took far too many water breaks. I blame the Latinas. After LD I hads me a shower, some brunch and that, then went to Mong Kok with Bearta to get us some shopping done. I popped into Me & G whereby I got this delightfully naff shirt and the sell out oversized denim jacket - for unreal cheap prices and with the added bonus of being able to smell like old chinese men. We trawled through a mobbed H & M and made the most of Cotton On too. Got back round 3, did a bit of an MUN position paper and skyped le pater before getting dressed up as a high donkey (drug mule...geddit?) avec Jason, some paper ears, and all the drugs the nurse has doled out to the two of us to cure various ailments such as cold (in my case) and I defecated on my bed (Jason's case - although this was really just an abismal lie on his behalf in order to get off class that particular day). We went to LACE dinner, and I ate a plate of dinner, a plate of dessert, another plate of dinner, and then a plate of what I liked the most. Might as well stock up on good food for the rest of the term in fairness. I rushed back to my room after brit photo, grabbed me costume for LACE loike, and positioned myself on the second floor of the a-block in order to get a good view of the show. Basic plotline? Um. I dunno but Heather was the nose of the statue of liberty. And my, what a gorgeous nose she made. I, along with Anders, played an integral role as we danced magnificently to Choque (sp?). After LACE I dilly dallied with Rahael for a while before we headed out to the stairs with erryone. I came back with Bobby & Peter for Áinee's birthday celebration in the common room. We attacked her with potato stamps. I went to the canteen party for a little while at 11ish (oh the sca had there was unrale), but then at about 12.30 went to bed.



Got up pretty early on Sunday, bout 9ish, had me a shower, got some brunch, got dressed, stole Paolina's camera (ta for that PaoPao) and headed out to Tai O on a photography excursion with John Wang, Mary, Benedict, Shani, Palomo & Tara. It took years to get there and I fell into a comatose state in the bus on the way there. Tai O were luffly, and it sure were a luffly day for it too. After taking far too many shots with my super creeper lens, and being shouted at by many an indignant camera shy laoren, we joined the 200 strong queue of people for the bus home. Tellin ya, they've nigh on monopolised that bus system. After a tiring MTR journey to Wu Kai Sha, we discovered that we only had minutes until dinner was over. Tara and I pure legged it there but we only managed to smuggle out some toast. I went to the block 4 dayroom, had the absolute bant with Livvie (Daily Mail, Nicki Minaj and squashing cats with 55 stone women), starred in a video for someone's geo project, ordered in pizza with Paloma & Tara and tried to finish this before the midnight internet ban. Clearly failed. S'now 00:18 and I still ain't got the pictures in. Oh well, I'll save it for tomorrow. Night bootiful ppl!

















No comments:

Post a Comment