Friday 30 March 2012

I went to the shop and I bought Malteasers, Diet Coke, Happy Colas, Mars bars, popcorn...

Soooo Monday morning began with morning block math - always a favourite. I had me grey tracky bumbums on, a Mamma Mia t-shirt of Apoorva's and that oversized denim jacket on when I realised it was uniform day. At brekkie then, I ran back to me room, grabbed that striking Callan uniform courtesy of MLV and spent the rest of my day getting endless compliments. What can I say? I'm a bebo stunnah through and through. Tar éis an scoile, I cursed this darn campus for stealing me mega expensive pressie which I'd bought for Nawnee bum's birthday, did very little work, ate some of one of Áine's birthday cakes in the block 3 dayroom, went to service planning, sorted out me dive gear with Yara and some tipex (or white-out as I've had to rename it - also, on that topic, IT'S PLASTER DANGNABBIT! What is this band-aid shite?!), then ate soup by the courtyard in order to free up soup cans for photography so's we could make pinhole cameras. After photography I'd intended to go to bed early, but instead decided to order a McFlurry when Maddie posted on the LPC Mickey D's page and somehow managed to forget that it takes an hour to arrive. Nevertheless I maximised this time by sitting in one of the computer slots in the block 3 computer room whilst having the bant with Livvie & Maddie. Then Tifftiff came and we continued our...philosophical chinwag on the staircase.


On Tuesday I had my day 7 so again the lie in/shower conundrum. I went for personal hygiene; I had, after all, been wearing the Callan uniform the day before. After school I did a wickle bit of moping, then moped to Apoorva about having to go tutoring, then decided to quit me moping cause twas such a mega gorgeous day that I should go to the pool. Pure bombed it up and down the pool so I did. Before tutoring. Which was purdy grand in fairness. I just chatted to Charlie for an hour and a half and played a card game. The poor dote is petrified about going to boarding school in Engerland next year (wouldn't blame her), though she perked up a little when I told her there were no mozzies. I got back at 7.16 then shprinted to room 103c for jazz band yokes (we're doing Respect by Aretha Franklin which is totes bawse). Can't think of what I did after check in on Tuesday, needless to say it was time effective and constructive.


Wednesday was MUN change of pace day. Now MUN stands for Model United Nations. It's like playing house, but you're playing UN. As my dad aptly said, "Isn't that what the UN does?". Regardless, we all took part from 9-4. Our chair is a talented pianist and our vice chair (or long fancy word beginning with r and ending in e with a few ps in it) fell asleep to wide-screen Mario Kart. All of the UNDP members who went on Wednesday seemed to be for genetically modified food and so the debate pretty much fell flat on its face until I decided to be a crazy mofo and represent Germany & South Africa. Hardcore, I know. After MUN day sadly ended, I tried to locate Áine, succeeded at 6:30 (she was doing strange things in Selwyn's bath), and then we hopped on the bus to Sai Kung, had dinner with our irish mammy, picked up some more hilarious anecdotes of the homeland and got dropped back to school for check in. After check in I sent out an e-mail about a lost pair of shoes. Somehow, despite me discovering them everytime mum threw them in the bin at home, they've finally disappeared and left the face of the earth. I also went to bed unraaaly early.




On Thursday I had a full block, after which I mooched around doing some physics labs before art for non artists when we very creatively painted some cardboard black for a seemingly unfathomable reason. I went to Olivia's food fest on the block 4 roof @ 6 and had chimychangas a la Jason, pasta, brownies, lemon tart, espresso chocolates (I bet off the edge, let the ganky liquid drip out then ate the rest of the chocolate), Liat's Israeli crackers, eggy bread etc etc to Midnight Beast. Twas mint. I lay in the hammock like a beached whale. At about 7:30 I had some block 4 dayroom shenanigans avec LivvieUh, then had a meeting with Michele at 8:30 in her flat about café leadership with Tavishi, Queeny & Áine. After check in & block meeting I witnessed Peter & Bobby's "We Never Have To Do A Chem Lab Again" fluid sculpture to Sweet Disposition. To say it was moving is a gross understatement. 


Friday, got up, chem morning block, nuff said, other classes fairly normal with the exception of English which was held in that place about a 17 day hike from any point on campus (you know, block 4) cause Linda's busted her knee. After school I had a lunchtime rant with Olivia & Nina, went to peer support training, discussed my feelings in depth, played a game called summat like SUPER AMAZING DELUXE GUITAR MEGA HERO 4 until dinner, didn't eat dinner because it was ubes uninspiring/gross, went to jazz band rehearsal II (still no sax), came back to my room and decided to do 3 things. Tidy it, buy comfort food in abundance in Wellcome, and download Bridget Jones. After returning from Wellcome I wrote a physics lab, made a cuppa tae, realised my milk was no longer milk but another mutated dairy product, popped me popcorn, cracked open the Malteasers, strawberries, dried mango, Diet Coke, Mars bar, Happy Colas and watched Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason. I swear to god that woman is after me own heart. Legend. Best Friday night in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment