Monday 19 March 2012

Having the craic, with the efficiency of a Carnot engine.

So the weekend passed, and so did the blog period, but for all of you who were absolutely distraught, fear not, for a physics test has also passed, and I now feel that I can spend my time elsewhere, such as writing this here blog.


Roisssshhh so, as I believe, I left you last Sunday night. On Monday morning I had a free morning block which were well nice then maths, chem, geo & physics which were equally as delightful. After school I went to the post office to send a couple of parcels and a letter, but unforch couldn't afford to send a parcel so one of the presents is gonna be woeful late (late pressies are always the best though in fairness). I then had service planning where we had a project week debrief and discussed the romantic entanglements of a certain danish boy with a certain swiss girl, following which I had photography. After photography I probably just wasted my 3 hours after check in as seems so often to be the case.


Tuesday I woke up with a pain like no other dans ma throat loike, which was dismal, but I tached on and sat through endless school, whereby Dilene thought I was scottish so I made a meme about her in retaliation. Did little after school save for lie in bed feeling sorry for myself whilst Apoorva, Jkwok & Dorte came in to wish me luck, feed me tea and go off to Me & G. Totes jeally so I was.




Wednesday was school uhgain, after which I went on an ubes romantic date with the gaeilgeoir eile atá agam, to go get an ice-cream in Mickey D's. She paid in 10c which may have ruined the woman behind the counter's day. On our way back to school we picked up the Hong Kong Shark Foundation woman, and brought her back to the bubble that is LPC where she explained to a cuppla people what was going on with sharks and what have ya. Basically, shark fin soup is bad. Go sign the petition. I signed up to play Assassin (will explain further down), to dance in Latin American cultural evening and went to vote for the student consultative committee rep for europe. Got to top three, and ngl was a little miffed that I don't get to sit in on bitchy teacher meetings but I guess we can't have it all. After all that kerfuffle I went to celebrate Maddie's 18th  birthday with herself and Olivia. That needs little elaboration save to say that I got 2 hours sleep.


Which was followed by 7.30am CALCULUS. I honestly should go to maths sleep-deprived more often. Differentiation is my thaaaaang. After school I hung out in Dilaynay's room attempting to do some chemistry yokes before the art for non artist's yearbook photo. Tar éis é sin I went to the GIF on kinda sustainable fishing and the whole issue of policing the high seas which was fairly interesting (despite the fact that I was abso knackered). I tried to study chem for the test the following day but failed fairly miserably and so instead phoned mammy with the last hour of the interenet before crashing.




I'd intended to wake up early on the friday to make up for missed study time but instead my 6.30 alarm was blatantly ignored and I woke up dishevelled at 8.45 in time for my first class. After my chem test I felt muchos raped in the brain but that feeling comes all too often nowadays. School was followed by peer support training which I'm sure will be beneficial and fun and all that carry on but for now was fairly airy fairy. Or praps it's just me getting increasingly sceptical. At 6 I went avec Undine, Hetzy & Apoorva to Osage, this art gallery in Kwun Tong, ate ALLL the canapés, admired some vidyo of an old man blinking a lot - it was srsly cool. We tried to be all trés sophisticated after our art gallery wanderings but ended up being the noisy kids in the posh restaurant who supposedly cheated them on the happy hour 2 for 1 (per head dontcha know) and then ran away. When I got back to the Wu Kai Sha I went down to meet erryone else on the beach. James and I examined the endless possibilities of phytoplankton on the end of the pier and I put sand in a disgruntled Darren's hair. Daniel's balls were on fire (oh chortle). Upon reaching school I wandered around the day rooms for a little while before giving myself up to bed.



On lá fhéile Pádraig, Áine agus meself went out on a boat from Sai Kung with our adopted irish mammy, Sara, and her aussie friends. Twas absolutely glorious so twas, the works like. We stuffed our faces with good cheese & crackers & smoked salmon & brown bread &....After lunch in a seafood place on some island in the middle of nowhere, we went back to Sai Kung, and then went home with Sara's kids. When I got back it was about 8.30 so I sought Jkwok, found him in the student kitchen and made culinary breakthroughs with our limited range of baking apparatus, including, but not limited to, a teapot cake. We set up camp on the rock with our foodstuffs until about 2am when I headed to bed.


I'd set aside Sunday to hardcore study for physics. Apart from 11-12.30, when I had peer support brunch on the poolside in 28 degree heat, with milkshakes and waffles and all that jazz, and 12.30-1 which was latin american cultural evening's carnival (imma shorten it to LACE, alroish?), and 1-2 which was reggaeton practice for LACE, and then I decided to feck it, and join the girl's football team who were low on numbers. My philosophy, when it comes to sports, is often to make up in aggression what I lack in skill. I guess that's why I'm a swimmer. We lost 1-0 which was quare annoying seeing as it was their penalty. Anyway, they were of the are-they-boys-or-girls variety which makes me feel a little better about myself. Besides, number 8 never stood a chance with a right back like me. I got back at 5, skyped the rentals, totes remembered mother's day, did very little study until 7, went to a Voice talk on typography (slab serif ftw), then went to the block four guest flat where Leiler's rentals are staying for shandy and bangers & mash. Oh joy of almighty joys! At 9 I figured I should probably really do some study so I went to Dilene's room (mine's an unreal state, supporting a whole eco system so I am - NOT REALLY I'M NOT THAT GROSS), made Carnot efficiency do somersaults, and dragged myself to bed.


This morning I woke up full of vigour (trolololol), hopped to my physics test, bollixed up the last question with unrivaled efficiency (1-Tl/Th), but survived the rest of the day regardless, perhaps owing to the fact that I've finally regained my mojo. I also got my first Assassin victim, Rahael, with a piece of chicken in the block 2 laundry room. She was raging. At 2.30 I had a model united nations info session for next week's MUN conference. Delegated my unmoderated caucus like a bloc vote innit. After that session I went to another LACE rehearsal and attempted to do the impossible as a representative of Ireland - attempted to be sexy whilst dancing. Oh stop, I can hear the laughter from 10,000km away. I then went to dinner, set up camp by the pool, had a grand aul chit chat avec my wonderful pengyou MeghanLegganVaughan and got this WRITTEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment