Saturday 3 March 2012

We're going where the sun shines brightly, we're going where the sea is blue!

Today's post is a wee bit earlier than usual for reasons I shall outline below, but sure it gives ya th'entire weekend to read it, wha?


Sunday last, after I left off on me blog in  the morning time, I tried to chase people to come to Sai Kung with me and eventually settled for Laura. We set off at about 2/3, stalked Starbucks until a seat was free, pretended that the coffees left behind were ours so we didn't have to pay, and set up camp. I did a chem lab, Laura napped ("Wake me up after 20 minutes"...20 minutes...10 minutes....5 minutes....15 minutes...40 minutes...eventually a grand total of 2 hours), and we bumped into Lilia who'd had the same idea. After Laura had managed to wake up and do a bit of study for bio, we bought a venti ass hot choc (to share ofc), got pizza in Paisano's and cught the bus back for about 7. I followed Laura back to her room then we went to a meeting at 8 about the "Financial Situation" of our school. €1m in debt next year but that's cool. Positive outlook to be upheld and the likes. Matthew had the beautiful solution of sending Arnett to Macau to gamble with the entire endowment fund. At 9.15 I went to get me photo taken for the lion dance page of the yearbook, then went back to Laura's room to pick up my laptop and that. Ended up staying late as boarding school shenanigans often dictate. 
Nina being subjected to aforementioned boarding school shenanigans


On Monday my geography class was called off cause we'd donated our Saturday to geo, and then I got an e-mail to say that my physics class was off too. Unexpected double morning free feeling is hard to quantify. After schoolicles on Monday I had project week planning, we went through gear and that and got generally hyped up, then dinner, then a photoshoot for the Judo yearbook page at 7.30, which was pretty funny. On Monday night Leila came round begging for more clothes because as part of a Lenten Brit challenge she'd agreed to wear Rosie's clothes. Rosie had provided her with an assortment of granny curtains so Leila was in desperate need of some shorts. She stole mine and an impressive chase began whereby we ended up in a toilet cubicle in block 3, me nursing Leila's severely bashed head and both us us semi laughing, semi in hysterics from all the adrenalin. 


Tuesday had school which was meh, I had a science project meeting thing after, then went back to work on a physics lab. I got it done beautifully, saving and all as I went along when excel decided to go all spazattack and crash the laptop. Went and had a severe mope in Áine's room, where I found her in a severe mope, so we curled up in bed, moped, and ate chocolate of the parcel from home variety. Twas uber productive. Starred in a video made by Heather (I'm at 01.18), and did my physics lab all night.


Wednesday had a free morning block so I took my time getting up. Aprés l'ecole, I played too much Tetris in my room, then went to Sai Kung to pick up snorkels for project week and also to go to Sara's house. I read with Erin for about an hour, had dinner which was stew and mershed perderder. Got back to school for 9 this time, then hardcore crammed math but not really but that was the intention. I went to Dilene's room to do a wickle bit of study and she gave me a life saving diagram and I reckoned I was set for life.




Thursday had that darned maths test. Everyone always comes out of maths a little shaken, almost as though we've all overexerted our mental capacity. I quite like the feeling, although it didn't outweigh the sense of impending doom as it usually does. Meh, those results can wait. After school on Thursday we had science project presentations which were pretty interesting I shpose? Our theme was sustainable campus so we had to do experiments in a group yadda yadda. Tar éis é sin I went out with Jámes for a little while which was *american accent* "quuuuaaaaaaaare graaaaaaaaand" so twas. Nowt beats a few sour cream n onion pringles. Then came roomie photo time for the yearbook. We all wore black, painted our faces and skipped down the road/sat on walls/hid in trees. After that I went to Ma On Shan to get some money out with Khetiwe who I bumped into in the MTR station. I lost Khet in the vast metropolis that is Sunshine City but bumped into Madison & Tiff, so I bought some mango gunk from the Hui Lau Shan place with them then came back to campus. Spent the night doing my geo essay, with as much procrastination as was possible. Even had the smelly candles out. 



On Friday school could not be over quick enough. After school I was locked out of my room so I went to Rahael's room to get her to come swimming because from a (horrific) 13 degrees, it had gone up to summat in the 20s. The pool was absolutely freeeeezingbum but we eventually enticed a whole cohort of bikini clad minions to join us. I skyped the rentals from the poolside then went to Paloma's birthday celebrations in the sick bay the poor poppet. We had cake and then choccy fondue and tested people's knowledge of Genghis Khan and capital cities of balkan states. After that I went back to my room, set up me music and Rahael came round and we painted our nails le chéile. At 7.30 we went to have dinner in the student kitchen with Laura, Mia, Heather, Rosie & Lee. I went back to Lee's room  to pick up some cinnamon and woke James up with a sharp blast of a  weird bulbous wooden recorder. At 9 we hit Ma On Shan, played with the phytoplankton in the sea, and got extremely mucky flip flops. Somehow this group outing deteriorated into a mini brit sing a long session, needless to say Adele had want to watch her back. I got back to bed, threw on some Damien Rice cause I'm home alone in the room, and read meself to sleep as all lazy days should end.


Woke up this morning at 9 thanks to a phone alarm locked in a drawer somewhere in the room, and wrote this blog to Bell X1. Going shopping with Mia soon for last minute necessities (can't believe I spelled that right first go) then at 5 I'm going TO MALAYSIA TO GO SCUBA DIVING FOR A WHOLE ENTIRE WEEK.  Grá as an tSín!

No comments:

Post a Comment