Saturday 25 June 2011

Collections in the Triggs/Read Household

      You may have noticed me mutter an expletive in yesterday's post, and this is because I kicked over my sugar packet collection. I'd like to defend that, and say it's not as bad as it sounds, but in fairness, it's probably worse. Collections are pretty odd. I mean, why bother? Well, okay, in all honesty who doesn't want to be her? 
  

I figured I can't be the only person who has a collection, and to prove this theory, I undertook a bit of a not-so-shnakey investigation into the collections of my family members.

First up, Clodagh. Her indulgence? 

Justin Bieber Memorabilia, circa. 2011.


No, that's not upside-down, he's invaded the ceiling too.








All in all, I counted a grand total of 77 Justin Bieber faces staring back at me, not to mention JB phone charms, elastic bands, t-shirts, magazines, CDs, annuals, cinema tickets, concert tickets etc. etc.

 And I was like, Clodagh, Clodagh, Clodagh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Next contender? That'd be Mum/Mummy/Mam/Mammy/Mother/Parental Unit #1.
Yep, you guessed it... 

Egg cups!


Top 5 IMHO

We've come a long way since first trawling that dodgy antiques shop on Rose Inn Street, so much so that the egg shelf was recently extended. My all-time favourite is a Dalek one, but apparently it's too gaudy for the shelf. 

Dad? This was the best I could do to assure myself that everyone collected things. 

Computer Programming Manuals


Anyone up for some visual C++? 

Investigation complete, it was time to come clean.

My name's Hannah, and I collect sugar packets.


Strictly speaking, this 52 is incorrect, as I found another under my bed this morning. I'm welcome to donations by the by, although all packets are individual, from as far as Vietnam to as near as...Esquires...

1 comment:

  1. Interesting stuff Hannah... Sugar packets eh? Who knew?
    I personally collect postcards- I think I'm in the hundreds region now!

    ReplyDelete