Friday 24 June 2011

Wake up in the morning feeling like a Disney Princess

A Day In The Life Of a Competitive Swimmer
Yeah, I'm one of those. Those being people who get up when you're going to sleep to go and do two hours of strenuous exercise, sechsmal in der Woche. It's not too infrequently that I get asked "How do you do it? Where do you find the motivation? You go to bed at WHAT time?! Is it hard to get up? Do you get used to it??" etc., etc. Well, here's my secret.

Yours truly
(4.45AM: Woken up by a flurry of bluebirds, deer and various other cute woodland creatures. Catch sight of myself in the mirror. My, I look ravishing. Must be because I went to bed at 7pm the night before. 



GET IN MAH BELLEH
5.00AM: After pulling on my gown and painting my toenails, I float downstairs towards the smell of warm porridge - those shnakey bluebirds have been up since 3! What are they like, eh? 


5.15AM: My swimming bag has been 
packed since the night before (I like 
to be organized) and I've even bought
 nice shampoo and filled my water 
bottle with Robinsons - summer fruits, 
what else? 



5.20AM In my 1902 State Landau, a present from the queen upon my birth in 1995, I enjoy the peaceful journey to the swimming pool. I like to wave at the European Courier Service lorry drivers as they drive past.



5.25AM Arrive at the pool. Usually
 we'll play on the slides for the 
duration of the session, pausing 
occasionally for a dip in the jacuzzi. 
Now and again Ill play water polo 
with my chums.)*






*Dramatization, courtesy of the bluebirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment