Wednesday 22 June 2011

O Sacred Brick Of Nokia, I Place All My Trust In You

     The other day, I went to see the Arctic Monkeys in Sheffield (Big shout out to Daddy for that one). And they were absolutely a-fuppin-mazin'. It was easily the best gig I've ever been to (okay, it's not hard, considering that hopping a wall in Thomastown to go see David Kitt is my second best). However, this ain't about the Arctic Monkeys, cause I've no pictures. Zilch. Zero. Nada. And you wonder "WHY IN MATT HELDERS' NAME WOULD YOU NOT BRING A CAMERA WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SEE YOUR FAVOURITE BAND YA FOOL", and although this is quite an acute observation, I did bring a camera. It was just too big. 


     Ah sure, not too big a hiccup. Everyone has cameras on their phones, I can always get some crappy ones to remember it by. S'yeah, Arctic Monkeys are all being awesome, and I'm all being fair walloped about the place by shirtless scumbags and so to capture the moment, I whip out me trusty Nokia, and bash the up button - sure tis the shortcut to the camera dontcha know.


And nothing happened.


...


So I tried again.


...


No blurry lcd viewfinder.


...


BUT OHMYGOD THIS PHONE HAS A TORCH ON THE TOP!
CLASSSSSSSSSSSSS!


And that, my friends, is the beauty of a Nokia. Here are the pros and cons of all my Nokias through the ages.


1. Cons: Cracked screen, no camera, 
    no bluetooth, no infrared, no gallery 
    (so no music, no pictures, no picture 
    messaging),  no internet.
        Pros: THERE'S A TORCH! IT HAS 
        THE ORIGINAL BOUNCE GAME! 
        IT TEXTS! THE WALLPAPER IS 
        PURPLE!                                                                                      




     
    2. Cons: I've lost the phone part
        
        Pros: I carved the word BUM into the back.
      3. Pros: It took good photos, the 
          buttons were quiet, it was quick,
          it had backgammon, bluetooth, 
          space for a memory card, nice 
          weight due to metal back
         
          Cons: One day it decided not 
          to wake up.



     4. Cons: The back no longer stays on, 
         it didn't take well to being used in 
         the shower

         Pros: The battery sellotaped 
         in looked well rugged innit.









    5. Cons: The buttons went walkabouts. 
        Like serious walkabouts.

        Pros: I can't even remember, but I 
        must've loved it...to bits.



    Plenty of Nokias were harmed in the making of this blog

    No comments:

    Post a Comment