Saturday 18 June 2011

Coping Strategies

Woke up yesterday morning feeling absolutely bejaysused. Which I knew I would, seeing as I went to bed feeling fairly rotten. Snivelly nose, puffy eyes, it's a good look.


My initial reaction when this happens is to curl up in bed and groan with self pity for as long as I can manage - because I wake up crazy early this only lasted until about half 8.  (Coping Strategy #1)


Tar éis all that, I trudged downstairs, dragging a couple of blankets, a hottlie wottlie bottlie and my self pity. Set up camp on the couch. (Coping Strategy #2)


Then to the medicine press. *chorus of angels* LEMSIIIIP! Right, so the box is empty. I'd drink that stuff all day if I wouldn't have to get sent to l'hopital. Now for the next best thing *encore angels* HOT RIBENA! For those of you who have never sampled this glorious brew, well you're missing out. Tis divine. Also ideal for long walks with dodgy flasks, cause if it goes cold while you're walking well...then you've Ribena! None of this cold tea/coffe business to deal with! Leaves fairly dodge stains in the mug though. (Coping Strategy #3)
(Excuse stubby nails)






Mug in hand, it's heartbreaking BBC period drama time! A usual favourite of mine is my prized 4-hour Tess Of The D'Ubervilles DVD (starring a certain Eddie Redmayne's arsecheeks) but I decided to break the mould and went for The Duchess. Muchos crying to be had but somehow other people's plight seems to help you feel better amidst the sniffles. So there you have it! (Coping Strategy #4)


Happy summer colds everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment