Monday 27 June 2011

Saturday night at around 1am, I found myself 4 feet in the air, eyes shut (in an intensely squinty kind of a way as opposed to sleepy), arms flailing, teeth gritted. No, I was not the victim of a bungee jump gone horrifically wrong, I was dancing. No surprise there, dancing into the early hours on a Saturday night, I'm hardly the only one eh? 


Thing is, I weren't gallavanting round Pegasus, I was in my front room. With Youtube as my sole companion. Oooh, dodgy territory here now. HANNAH'S A FREAK alarm bells ringing? Don't worry, I get that a lot too. 


But honest ta god it's gotta be the best feeling ever. Although shutting your eyes does help you to forget that you can't actually dance for shizz. Sure I did ballet from when I was 3- 12, and there was a bit of modern thrown in there towards the end, but now, well, I think the verb "flailing" summed it up nicely in that first sentence. 


I'd be willing to bet that I'm not the only one of yis who indulges in this...somewhat eccentric habit, and if I am then you haven't listened to these


Hannah's current top 3 lone freakout dancing tunes 
Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now
Defies explanation.

Erasure - Sometimes
What can I say? I'll make no excuses for myself and/or undeniably odd music taste.

Rescue Remedy - Blues Waffle
Anyone who's seen these guys know it's impossible not to dance. It's an utter choon and they're well worth a looksee!

No comments:

Post a Comment